Monday, May 25, 2009

Art Wolfe

*note* click on the photographs to see the whole picture, for some reason they got cut off.

So before i begin i must have a thing for nature photographers cause this is my second research assignment about a nature photographer. AND who wouldn't want to do a research assignment on a guy whose name is Art, I mean really that's an awesome name for a photographer. I mean if anybody else was named Art, people would laugh but not in this case cause it totally fits!

I had to add this picture befor i start talking cause it's amazing. It's a photograph Art Wolfe's assistant took of him and it makes me want to be Art Wolfe cause i totally would want to be there!



Art Wolfe was born in 1951 and is an American photographer, and is known for his colour photographs of wildlife and nature and his advocacy of wildlife conservation. He graduated from the University of Washington in 1975, and has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, with a minor in Art Education. He has taken about one million images in his lifetime, and has released over forty-five books. In April 2000 Wolfe was awarded a coveted Alfred Eisenstaedt Magazine Photography Award. In 1998, he was named Outstanding Nature Photographer of the Year by the North American Nature Photography Association and in 1996 Photographer of the Year by Photo Media magazine.

Over the course of his 30-year career, Art Wolfe has worked on every continent. His stunning images interpret and record the world's fast-disappearing wildlife. His unique approach to nature photography is based on his training in the arts and his love of the environment. In 1998, The National Audubon Society recognized Wolfe's work in support of the national wildlife refuge system with its first-ever Rachel Carson Award. *note* Wolfe spends nearly nine months a year traveling.



I really like this photograph, not only because i'm a horse lover but because it's a great photograph. I think the speckled water everywhere makes the picture very dramatic and interesting. The photograph is very detailed, so detailed that you can see how slick and wet the hair on the horse is.



I think this is a very interesting photograph. I really like the light in this photograph, and i think the redness of the sky is really cool. It reminds me of the northern lights, but this was taken in Panama so i don't think it is but still.... I also like the format of this photograph, and how there are two lonely tree stubs(?), and how even though there are other interestings parts of the photograph your eye is always drawn to those two tree stubs(?).



I think this may be one of the most amazing photographs i've seen in my life, but i'm not quite sure what it is. Well obviously it's ice but it's like 3d and it pops out at you, it's very wierd in like an amazingly fantastic way. I really love the lighting in this photograph. I also like the other ice mountain thingies in the background, like the one right to the left of the big main ice thingie, the ice mountain in the background has a really cool shape. The light that shines through the big ice thing is amazing and really adds to the beauty of this photograph.



This is another amazing photograph. Again the light is amazing and the way he captures the waves exploding on the rocks are, well, amazing. It reminds me of fireworks. And the rock in the middle reminds me of a fountain that's never ending. This photograph really shows the emotion of the waves. It shows the angryness (is that a word?) of the waves but at the same time it shows the beauty of it and this photograph elongates that feeling of anger and beauty.



I really like this photograph cause it shows a moment frozen in time, and allows you to see the real beauty of this creature.


I just have to say that by looking at Art Wolfe's pictures that i have truly become a big fan of him. I really think his photo's are fantastic and amazing, and i'm glad i did my research project on him. So here i end my research assignment with one more photograph that i though captured the true beauty of all creatures.



How can you not say "awwww"?

No comments: